Wednesday, March 16
It looks like I have made it through most of the hurdles of the Google hiring process, and I should be starting my new job at Google's Munich office soon. Now I just need to haul my stuff to Munich and get the paperwork done. It sure looks like this is going to be a very interesting year.
Sunday, March 6
My trip to the Bay Area is coming to the end. It has been surprisingly productive. Here's some things I have done in the nearly two weeks I have been here:
- got acquainted with San Francisco
- interviewed for a job at a startup
- visited Stanford University & Berkeley University campuses
- visited Google Mountain View and San Francisco offices
- hanged out with folks from Google, from Twitter and from some very promising startups, also a Stanford professor, a researcher from Berkeley and a Berkeley undergrad student, among others
- hanged out with people from The Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- spent a day biking in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area
While I am getting a little travel-weary, I know I will be sad leaving this place.